No I'm sorry, three words...oh my my.
No wait, four words...oh my my my.
I am loving the flavors of the fall season. Quite frankly fall foods are getting me through the cold wet October we are having in the northeast. This weekend I was craving Gingerbread, so I made it and now it could be my most favorite cake ever.
Apple Gingerbread Cake
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 Cup Molasses
- 1 Cup Sour Milk - 1 cup milk with 1 Tbsp of white vinegar added to it. It will bubble and curdle, but that is okay.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 of your favorite baking apples. Peeled and cut into 8-10 slices. I used a apple slicer.
Prepare a 9 x 9 glass pan with non-stick baking spray. Layer the pan with the apples.
Pour the cake batter over the apples. Apples will float in the batter. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This cake smells so good. You want to dig in as soon as it comes out of the oven, but WAIT, something is not right.
That's it. Much better.
Homemade whipped cream
- 1 Cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. Confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you don't already receive FBS free updates, please click here to sign up.
This post is linked to:
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt my Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Friday Food at Mom Trends
- Finer Things Friday at Amy's Finer Things
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
- Prairie Story Recipe Swap