- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb sausage, removed from casings - I use turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green or red sweet pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, steams and ribs removed, chopped fine
- about 5 medium potatoes, sliced thin and cooked
- 1 - 2 cups cheddar cheese, depending on your preference
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sausage, onion, pepper and garlic and cook through. Break up the sausage into fine pieces. When sausage and veggies are cooked through, add the chopped Swiss chard and cover the pan and cook about 5 minutes to allow the Swiss chard to wilt. While I am cooking all of this the potatoes are being boiled.
Cover the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray or butter. Pour the sausage and Swiss chard mixture into the pan.
Layer the cooked, sliced potatoes on top of Swiss chard.
Next, layer the cheese on top of the potatoes. We love cheese, so I use about 1 1/2 to 2 cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I cringe at this next photo, it turned out so yellow. (novice food photographer to blame). Don't be deterred. This is a delicious casserole and the leftovers taste even better the next day.
This post is linked to:
- 5 Dollar Dinners
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Friday Feasts at MomTrends
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum