I had to regroup. There was plenty of food in the refrigerator, freezer and pantry, but my grocery list was stuff that I needed to pull my planned meals together. So I turned to the web and I went to MyRecipes.com and searched a few ingredients that I had on hand to see what I could find.
This recipe is a good find. I had all of the ingredients and it is an easy, quick, delicious dish.
Turkey Sausage, Arugula, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
adapted from Food & Wine
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 12 reconstituted sun-dried tomato halves - it is cheaper to buy the non-oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, simply re-hydrate by soaking the tomatoes in warm water for about a minute
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 C olive oil
- 1 large bunch of arugula - cut into thin strips. My arugula was from my CSA. It is one of the ingredients that I searched. I wasn't in the mood for a salad. You could easily substitute spinach.
- 1 lb pasta - I had rigatoni on hand
Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta. Drain.While the pasta is cooking, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper in a food processor. Blend until well combined. Stream the olive oil into the processor while the machine is running.
At this point your kitchen will smell absolutely divine.
Heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add the turkey sausage. Break into tiny pieces and brown until it is cooked through.
When sausage is done cooking, add chopped arugula and mix together.
In a very large bowl, toss the turkey and arugula mixture, cooked pasta and the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Serve warm.
If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan and prepare to be knocked out!
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you don't already receive FBS free updates, please click here to sign up.
This post is linked to:
- Frugal and Healthy Recipes at 5 Dollar Dinners
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt my Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Friday Food at MomTrends
- Food on Friday at Ann Kroeker