I made this soup on a cold rainy day and it hit the spot. Creamy, chunky, easy and delicious.
Chunky Potato & Leek Soup
- 5-6 Cups of cubed, unpeeled potatoes - I used Yukon Gold from my CSA.
- 2 leeks - cleaned and chopped into small pieces. I ran through the food processor to chop.
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
Saute leeks in the olive oil until soft.
Add potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover with water and bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
Use a hand masher and mash potatoes until desired consistency.
Add milk and cheese and stir until well-blended.
Easy peasy and very yummy!
This post is linked to:
- 5 Dollar Dinners
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt my Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly The Kitchen Kop
- Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade
- Vegetarian Foodie Friday at Breastfeeding Moms Unite