My Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my family’s favorites. It’s a great way to use leftover roasted, rotisserie, or grilled chicken.
I call it easy because the ingredients are basic kitchen staples: carrots, onions, garlic, celery, chicken, stock, noodles and seasonings.
After I roasted a chicken a couple of weeks ago, I stored about 2 cups of diced chicken in the freezer for future use.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 medium carrots – chopped – I chop mine up into tiny pieces, because I have a toddler.
- 2 medium celery stalks – I chopped fine also and I include the tops because they hold so much flavor.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings or your favorite seasoning – You can be creative here.
- 2 quarts of homemade chicken stock– You can use store-bought too.
- 6-8 oz egg noodles – I used about half of the bag.
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken – How to Roast a Chicken
- salt and pepper
4. Add the chicken and simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to your taste.