- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, peeled and chopped, I used Gala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4-6 tsp blue cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey
1. Mix together turkey, onion, apple, salt and pepper.
2. Divide mixture into 4 portions.
3. Divide each portion in half.
4. Shape and flatten out 1 half. Put 1 heaping teaspoon of blue cheese in the middle.
5. Shape and flatten the second half and lay on top of first half.
6. Shape the 2 halves and press sides together with your hands into one patty to about 1/2 inch thickness. Repeat this process with the other 3 portion.
7. Drizzle each side of burger with olive oil.
8. Pre-heat grill to med-high.
9. Place on hot grill and close the lid of the grill. Grill for 5 minutes on one side.
10. Flip the burgers, close the lid and grill for 5 minutes on other side or until cooked through.
The inspiration for this burger came from JerseyMom, who wrote in the comment section of my recipe for Red Pepper and Feta Turkey Burgers about how she mixes chopped apples with ground turkey to make a juicy burger. I loved the idea and hopefully you will too. Thanks JerseyMom!
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or sign up for FREE email updates, by submitting your email address in the top left side of this site. Or click here to follow along on Twitter.
This post is linked to: