He came home with two 2 lb bags of frozen shrimp, "they were buy one get one free", he says.
"What are you going to do with them?", I asked.
"Put them in the freezer", he replied as he walked away.
By July, I still had one bag left in the freezer, so I decided to grill the shrimp. I had never grilled shrimp before, but it was very easy and we really enjoyed this dish.
Grilled Garlic Lemon Shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, thawed, de-veined and peeled
- bamboo skewers
1. Soak bamboo skewers for 15 - 20 minutes
2. Mix together the first 6 ingredients and stir into the shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Stick the shrimp onto the skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
4. Preheat the grill to about 400 - 450 degrees.
5. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cover. Grill 2 minutes. Flip and grill another 2 minutes or until opaque.
I served this with some homemade coleslaw and fresh fruit.
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or Subscribe by Email. Are you on Twitter? Click here to receive updates via Twitter.
This dish is linked to: