This past winter, probably sometime around the Superbowl, I sent my husband to the grocery store to get some bread.
He came home with two 2 lb bags of frozen shrimp, “they were buy one get one free”, he says.
“What are you going to do with them?”, I asked.
“Put them in the freezer”, he replied as he walked away.
By July, I still had one bag left in the freezer, so I decided to grill the shrimp. I had never grilled shrimp before, but it was very easy and we really enjoyed this dish.
Grilled Garlic Lemon Shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, thawed, de-veined and peeled
- bamboo skewers
1. Soak bamboo skewers for 15 – 20 minutes
2. Mix together the first 6 ingredients and stir into the shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cover. Grill 2 minutes. Flip and grill another 2 minutes or until opaque.
I served this with some homemade coleslaw and fresh fruit.