Peach season in under way in our area and I have been overcome with a new food addiction…local, fresh, ripe peaches.
I bought several pounds recently and I wanted to try something new. I referred to my cookbook, Bobby Flay’s Grill It! to find out how to grill peaches.
I like easy and fast recipes and grilled peaches make for a perfect easy and fast dessert. And please don’t deny yourself the pleasure of adding homemade whipped cream on top. Ice cream would taste good too, but the homemade whipped cream makes this simple dessert decadent and amazing.
Grilled Peaches with Homemade Whipped Cream
- as many peaches as you need, halved and pitted, but not too ripe that they fall apart
- olive or canola oil
- Click on the link for the recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream
1. Heat your clean grill.
2. Brush the cut side of each peach with oil.
3. Place the peaches cut side down on the grill. My grill was about 400 degrees when I put them on the rack. Close lid and grill for 2 minutes.
4. Turn the peaches over. Close lid and grill for 4 more minutes. My grill hit about 450 degrees at it’s highest point. After 4 minutes, remove from the grill. The skins of the peaches slid off as I was removing from grill.
5. Top with homemade whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
6. Enjoy what could become your most favorite summer dessert!
This post is linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- $5 Dinners
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tuesdays at the Table at All of the Small Stuff
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Amy’s Finer Things
- Vegetarian Foodie Friday at Breastfeeding Moms Unite
- Food on Friday at Ann Kroeker
- Prairie Story BBQ Recipe Swap
Disclosure: I am an Amazon Associate, and if you make a purchase through my link, I earn a small percentage–at no cost to you! Thanks for supporting Family Balance Sheet.