I love to cook. I also love to serve my family a 5-star restaurant quality meal right on our own patio and for a quarter of the 5-star restaurant price.
While we love salmon, it sometimes doesn't fit into our budget. I have discovered in the past that when salmon is on sale super cheap, it can be super fishy tasting. This salmon fillet was on sale for about $5.99/lb and it was farm-raised.
The end result was a 5-star restaurant tasting dish. This fillet wasn't fishy. I didn't over-cook and dry out the salmon. The salsa made with local, fresh, in season peaches was a delicious topping for the fish.
Grilled Salmon with Peach Mango Salsa
- olive oil
- 1 lb salmon, divide into 3-4 inch wide fillets. Keep skin on.
- seasonings - I used a Fiesta seasoning from Tastefully Simple. You could just use salt and pepper.
- 2 peaches, peeled, pit removed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 mango, chopped into small pieces. Click on the link to find out how to cut a mango. Instead of mango, you can just cut up 1-2 more peaches.
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- juice of one lime
- fresh parsley, about 1-2Tbsp. chopped
- a dash of salt
2. Heat grill to high.
3. Brush both sides salmon with olive oil and season.
4. Place fillets on grill skin side down. Close lid and grill for 3-4 minutes.
5. Flip the salmon.
6. Grill another 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve the delicious salsa on top of the grilled salmon.
Please share your favorite grilling recipes.
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet.
If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or Subscribe by Email.
This post is linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Soutern Fairytale
- $5 Dinner Mom
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as MOM