This is the second year in a row I have had great success with growing cantaloupe. Homegrown cantaloupe is delicious.
On this day, a bag of tortilla chips was screaming my name. So I added a few ingredients to the melon and the salsa was fresh, delicious and totally addicting.
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1/4 – 1/2 of a red onion, chopped fine
- 1 yellow or red pepper, chopped fine – I used my one and only yellow pepper that grew this year.
- 1-2 Tbsp pineapple sage herb, chopped fine – You could use mint or parsley.
- juice from 1 lime
- jalapeno, chopped fine – this is optional, depending on your heat tolerance.
Combine all of the ingredients and mix together.
But on this day we ate the salsa with tortilla chips.
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet.
This post is linked to:
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- $5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tuesdays’ Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Finer Things Friday at Amy’s Finer Things
- Grow. Eat. Save at $5 Dinners