On a recent trip, we were allowed to dig for potatoes. The kids thought that was fun, but mom probably had more fun.
We came home with 2 meals worth of baby red potatoes. Normally, I would roast baby potatoes, but I'm not turning the oven on in 95 degree heat, so I grilled them.
I would never tell you to go buy a new pan, so I tried the potatoes the second time using a foil pack. They turned out good as well, but the grill pan made them better. I found with the foil pack that some of the potatoes didn't get as crispy.
Grilled Garlic Rosemary Red Potatoes
- baby or new potatoes - as many as you need, I grilled enough for my family of 4
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh rosemary - from my garden
- 1 tsp salt
1. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water on the stove top until softened.
3. Drain the potatoes.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, rosemary, garlic.
5. Place in grill pan. Set the grill to high and carefully set pan in a grill.
6. Grill 8 minutes. Stir. Grill another 8 minutes or until your desired crispiness.
7. If using a foil packet, after you drizzle with the oil and seasonings, place potatoes in foil. Fold up the 2 long sides and fold up the ends. Like the picture. Place in a grill at high. Grill 8 minutes. Flip the packet. Grill another 8 minutes or until your desired crispiness.
The potatoes in the picture are from the grill pan. Don't they look yummy? I served them with Grilled Lime Chicken with Mango Red Pepper Salsa and some homegrown grape tomatoes tossed with feta.
Do you have a favorite summer recipe that you'd like to share? I have been hosting a Summer Grilling Recipe Exchange specifically for grilling recipes, but I have decided open it up to all recipes.
A few Mr. Linky guidelines:
- Please link a favorite recipe to Mr. Linky. If you are not a blogger, please let us know your favorite grill recipe in the comment section.
- Please post the link to your recipe, NOT to your homepage. To do this, click on your update post, copy and paste the whole url address into the Mr. Linky.
- I also ask that you post a link back to Family Balance Sheet in your article or grab the badge that is in the top left of the site.
- If you are reading this post via a reader or email, you will need to click through to post your link and to visit others who have linked up.
- Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairytale
- $5 Dinners
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum