Zucchini cakes or Vegetarian "Crab" Cakes
- 4 C zucchini, grated with peel on
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 C Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, set aside additional breadcrumbs for coating
- 2-3 teas. Old Bay seasoning - I only used 2 because I didn't want the cakes to be too spicy for my kids.
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Form into patties. If the mixture isn't forming well, add more bread crumbs. Makes 7-8 patties.
4. Heat 1/4 Cup olive oil in large skillet. Carefully place cakes in skillet. Fry the cake and when it turns golden brown, flip and fry the other side until golden brown. Depending on the size of your pan, you will have to make the cakes in batches and you might need more olive oil.
5. I served the sandwiches the way we like real crab cakes, with tomatoes, lettuce, a little mayo and on our favorite buns. Enjoy!