This is a delicious and easy salad to throw together.
Black Bean, Tomato & Feta Salad
- 1 can (15 oz) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- about 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fine Parsley
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine. You could also chop up a bunch of spring onions
- 1/2 Cup Feta
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt
Combine the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, onion and feta in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt to make a vinaigrette. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and stir together. Serve with your favorite grilled meat and some fresh fruit.
One side note: This salad is served best the first day. If there are left-overs for the next day, you might want to pour the salad through a strainer right before eating, because it gets soupy. It tasted fine the second day, but there was a lot of liquid on the bottom of the bowl.
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet.If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or Subscribe by Email.
This post is linked to:
- $5 Dinner Challenge
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as MOM