I wish I could take responsibility for this beauty, but it came in our weekly share from our CSA. This melon was a gorgeous red and it was sweet and delicious.
- 3 Cups chopped watermelon
- 1/2 Cup chopped feta
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped fine - depending on your heat tolerance. Remove seeds if your heat tolerance is low.
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herb, like pineapple sage, mint, parsley or cilantro
- pinch of salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
I served the Watermelon and Feta Salad with grilled chicken. You could eat the salad like a salsa with your favorite tortilla chips too!
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet.
This post is linked to:
- $5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop