This meal is so easy to prepare and very tasty. Double the recipe if you'd like, because I will the next time I make it. I didn't think my kids would care for it, so I only cooked half the box of pasta. My family practically licked the pan clean with the kids and my husband asking for seconds. This meal goes well with a nice garden salad and homemade bread.
Pasta with Clams and Fresh Tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, depending on your heat tolerance
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 Cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 6.5oz. cans minced clams, drained and rinsed, reserve 1 Tbsp. clam juice
- 1/2 dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb thin spaghetti, cooked per box instructions.
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil, garlic and red pepper over medium-high heat and stir for one minute.
2. Add tomatoes to pan. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes to soften.
3. Stir in clams, reserved juice, and wine and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Mix the clam sauce with the pasta. To serve, top with parsley and Parmesan.
Printable version of Pasta with Clams and Fresh Tomatoes
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS through your RSS Feed, please click here to sign up. Or Subscribe by Email.
This post is linked to: