Turkey, Kale, and Orzo Soup is a hearty soup and a great way to use up Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. My kids gobbled it up and asked for ‘more please’.
Turkey, Kale, and Orzo Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch kale, cut off stems, chopped fine
- 2 qt. homemade turkey stock or store bought
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2-3 cups chopped cooked turkey
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute the carrots, celery, onions, garlic and kale. Stirring often, cook 15 minutes.
Add turkey stock, tomatoes, seasonings.
Bring to a boil and add uncooked orzo. Reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes. Add turkey and stir to combine.
Serve with a salad and/or homemade applesauce and your favorite bread.
The soup becomes very thick on the second day, but thins out when heated up or you could add some more stock to thin it even more.