Very easy to make.
Very yummy to eat.
Kung Pao Chicken
adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz bag of frozen petite broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into small bite size chunks
- ½ cup homemade chicken broth, or store bought
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce - found in the Asian food section of your grocery store
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped peanuts or cashews, optional
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 1 tsp ginger to pan. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add water and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove broccoli from pan and keep warm.
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in the pan. Add 1 tsp ginger, crushed pepper and chicken. Stir and cook until chicken is cooked though and lightly browned.
Combine broth, hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic in a small bowl and whisk together. Add this mixture to the chicken in the pan and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly. Reduce heat and stir until mixture thickens, a couple of minutes. Return broccoli to pan and mix together until well-blended.
Serve over your favorite rice and sprinkle with peanuts or cashews on top.
Print this recipe.
If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- through your RSS Feed
- have updates sent to your email,
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to: