I also call these Lazy Garlic Parmesan Potatoes, because I leave the skins on. To be honest, I don't think I have ever peeled a potato.
Smashed Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, cleaned, skins can be left on, cut into quarters
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ Cup Parmesan
- 2-4 Tbsp. sour cream
2. Carefully strain potatoes from water, but reserve about a cup of the potato water.
3. Place cooked potatoes and garlic in a large bowl, add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream, ¼ cup Parmesan and a couple of tablespoons of potato water and smash using a potato smasher. Add more sour cream and potato water to get to your desired consistency.
Tip - Rinse the potato smasher right away. It is not an easy tool to clean once the potatoes have dried.
I love Smashed Potatoes with pan sauce or gravy. On this night I served the smashed potatoes with Chicken Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Feta. But the potatoes are just as delicious without gravy and go very well with Turkey and Veggie Loaf. With these smashed potatoes as a side dish, the menu possibilities are endless.
Print this recipe.
If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- through your RSS Feed
- have updates sent to your email,
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to: