While I take pride in cooking dinner for my husband most nights, I like to make an extra special dinner for Valentine’s Day. I might make a dish with pricier ingredients that I don’t cook with too often. We’ll have a bottle of wine and I always make a wicked dessert.
Because the restaurants will be mobbed, we usually stay home on Valentine’s Day. I have pulled together some dinner ideas for you. Some from Family Balance Sheet and a few recipes that I have found over the past week at various sites. Happy Valentine’s Day!
The Main Course:
- Pasta with Clams and Fresh Tomatoes at Family Balance Sheet. This is a contender at our house for V-day dinner.
- Grilled Garlic Lemon Shrimp at Family Balance Sheet.
- Turkey Sausage, Arugula and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta at Family Balance Sheet.
- Penne with Creamy Rosemary Sauce at Alli N Son.
- Grilled Steak Salad at Designs by Gollum. You need to scroll down a bit past the flower pictures to get to the steak. Well worth the scroll. Looks divine.
- Lobster Risotto at LuLu’s Musings. Oh my!
The Most Important Course…DESSERT:
- Homemade Brownies with Homemade Whipped Cream at Family Balance Sheet.
- Romantic Chocolate Creme Brulee at Purple Chocolat at Home. This post totally makes me want to go out and buy a kitchen torch.
- Chocolate Vodka Soaked Strawberries at Cargile Family Recipes. I didn’t even know they made Chocolate Vodka??
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes at Tidy Mom. I love the salty sweet combination. Yummy!
What are you cooking for your honey for Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments, along with any links to the recipe.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- through your RSS Feed
- have updates sent to your email,
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower