Ever since I started making a master batch of Artisan bread dough, I have declared Saturday night: Homemade Pizza Night.
My husband was getting a little bored with the cheese pizza that I was making with the kids in mind. They aren't big fans of loaded pizzas. One night, my husband asked if we could mix it up a bit and add some fun and different ingredients to the pizza.
So I looked in my fridge and pulled together some things that I had on hand. The result was a flavorful and delicious pizza. But my husband and I agree that what makes this pizza so good is the roasted garlic. I will be using roasted garlic as a base for many other pizza variations that are swirling around in my head.
Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Pizza
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- ¾ cup feta - I used feta flavored with basil
- ¾ cup packed spinach, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes - I buy the non-oil packed sun-dried tomatoes and they charred a bit, but did not affect the taste of the pizza
- ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives or black olives
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- your favorite homemade pizza dough - I used the Olive Oil Master recipe from Artisan Bread Cookbook
Once the garlic has cooled from roasting, remove all of the cloves from their skins and smash together in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until the garlic is spreadable.
Form your pizza dough into shape. Spread the garlic over the dough with a butter knife.
In a small bowl, combine the feta, spinach, tomatoes, olives and olive oil.
Spread this mixture over the garlic on the pizza dough.
Bake according to your pizza dough instructions. I used the Olive Oil Master dough recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day and followed the directions for the pizza recipe.
I served with fruit and a spinach salad. Enjoy!
Print recipe for Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Pizza
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- through your RSS Feed
- have updates sent to your email,
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to: