If you are new to couponing or even the subject of saving money on groceries, watching TV shows, like Extreme Couponing on TLC, can be overwhelming or intimidating.
I guess it is possible to buy hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of groceries for pocket change, but nobody needs 62 bottles of mustard...or 70 containers of detergent...or 40 boxes of sugary cereals.
I believe the grocery bill is one of the easiest categories of the household budget to reduce and you don't have to be an extreme couponer to accomplish the task. I use coupons but they are not my only method to reducing our grocery spending.
There are lots of ways to save money on groceries without sacrificing the quality of your diet, the time you spend with your family and your closet space. Check out these links to some of my past posts on the topic:
- How to Save Money on Organic Food
- Know Your 'Buy' Price on Your Groceries
- My Menu/Grocery List Clipboard
- Save Money on Groceries Without Using Coupons
- Small Changes in Your Home Can Protect Your Earth and Your Balance Sheet
- Ten Paper Products To Cross Off Your Grocery List
- Eleven Simple Tips For Easier Menu Planning
- When Buying Meat, Don't Let The Yellow Stickers Scare You
I DO use coupons. I use them weekly. I love finding coupons for the foods and products that we use. Aside from the newspaper inserts, you can find printable coupons at online sites, such as Coupons.com. You'll find a variety of coupons for products like:
- Olivia's Organics Salad Mix
- Land O Lakes Deli Cheese
- Folger's Coffee
- Hanover Frozen Vegetables
- Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- Vaseline Body Lotion
- Renu Multi-Purpose contact solution
- and many more
If you get your coupons via the newspaper and you want to plan ahead? Sign up to receive an email alert of the upcoming Sunday Coupon Preview.
Do you shop at stores like: Baker's City Market Dillons Fry's Gerbes Hilander JayC King Soopers Kroger Owen's Pay Less QFC Ralphs Scott's Smith's Carrs Dominick's Genuardi's Pavilions Randall's Safeway Tom Thumb Vons ShopRite? You can sign up at CellFire Coupons and load coupons directly to your store loyalty card. You just swipe your card at checkout to redeem the coupons.
There are many ways to save money on groceries and coupons are part of it, but it doesn't have to be obsessive and it doesn't have to be extreme.
Have you heard about the new reality tv show, Extreme Couponing? Did you watch it? I watched about 30 minutes of it, but when I saw food stock piled in the master bedroom, I decided I had seen enough.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- through your RSS Feed
- have updates sent to your email,
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for additional information.