I don't use my slow cooker as much as I should. It is definitely an under-used appliance in my kitchen. I had some chicken thighs and drumsticks in the freezer that needed to be used up, so I dusted off my slow cooker and we had one delicious dinner.
Slow Cooker Asian Orange Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks
- ½ cup homemade chicken stock, or store bought
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup honey
- zest & juice from one orange, or about ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 pounds chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
Mix together all of the ingredients, except the chicken, in a bowl. Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour orange mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until done.
I served with Jasmine rice and steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
Print recipe for Slow Cooker Asian Orange Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to $5 Dinner Challenge and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as MOM.