I was going to write an elaborate post about planning for back to school, but I have read so many this past week that I decided to just round them all up for your convenience.
TransitionsBack to school has a different meaning for me this year than in the past. My oldest is entering Kindergarten and my youngest will be entering her first year of preschool. Lots of exciting changes in the FBS household.
- Three Keys to Successful School Transitions at Life...your way
- Stress-Free Back to School: Counting Down the Days at Life...your way.
- Getting Started in Homeschooling: Tools to Use at Life as MOM
- Back-to-School: Getting Ready at Sow Grow Bloom
- Back-To-School Reading:The Kissing Hand at Sow Grow Bloom
Back to School ShoppingNext week is a big week for retailers. Years ago, I was a department store buyer and one of my buying categories was backpacks. The third week of August was always the biggest week for back-to-school sales and one year, I remember selling 10,000 backpacks in that one week. So expect this weekend's store flyers to be huge.
- Sales Tax Holiday 2011 at Consumerism Commentary - A list of dates, states participating, the items that will be relieved of a sales tax and the maximum cost.
- How To Save Money on School Supplies at Green Back Gal
- The Best Back to School Shopping Tips at Consumerism Commentary
- 14 Tips to Save Money on Back to School Supplies & Shopping List at Money Crashers
- Back to School Deals Worth Sharing at Coupon Mountain
- You Don't Have to Be A Student to Take Advantage of Back To School Deals
Back to School Meal Time Ideas
- Packing a Lunch: Healthy Food to Go at Kitchen Stewardship
- Packing a Reduced Waste Lunch at Kitchen Stewardship
- Unpack the Lunch: A Child's Responsibility at Kitchen Stewardship
- Back to School Bonanza: A Greener Option for Sandwiches at Kitchen Stewardship
- Drive. Play. Feed. Sports Season Suppers - Pack It at Eat at Home
- Are You Shopping for Hand Soap or Hand Sanitizer?
Heading to College
- 5 Ways to Save on Back to College Needs at Savings Lifestyle
- Rent and Save Money on College Textbooks at Financial Success for Young Adults
Are you busy getting ready for back-to-school? What changes are going on at your home this fall? Let us know in the comments.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower