Summer vegetables are in full force. Stir fries are a great way to eat up your garden goodness.
Chicken, Green Beans, and Squash Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips or chunks
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 small squash or zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped, fresh oregano
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock, or store bought
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup uncooked rice
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
Add green beans, squash and oregano and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Mix together the stock and cornstarch. Add the mixture to the chicken and vegetables. Stir and bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and stir until sauce thickens. About 2-3 minutes.
Serve over cooked rice.
Print recipe for Chicken, Green Beans & Squash Stir Fry.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to $5 Dinner Challenge and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop.