I love the flavors of fall: apples, clementines, pears, pumpkins, and fall squashes. Acorn Squash is my husband’s favorite and he absolutely loves this dish. Cranberry Walnut Acorn Squash Bowls make a delicious side dish or a tasty and hearty main meal.
Cranberry Walnut Acorn Squash Bowls
1. You’ll need a sharp chef’s knife to cut through these little buggers. I cut the stem off first and then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Be very careful.
2. Scoop out the seeds of the squash. In the cavity of each half, place:
- 2-3 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
3. Place in a casserole dish. Add 1/2 C water to the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.