1. You'll need a sharp chef's knife to cut through these little buggers. I cut the stem off first and then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Be very careful.
2. Scoop out the seeds of the squash. In the cavity of each half, place:
- 2-3 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
3. Place in a casserole dish. Add 1/2 C water to the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
After baking, mix together the flesh and the ingredients within the acorn "bowl" and enjoy.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop and The Mommy Club Solutions and Resources at Crystal and Co and $5 Dinners and the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as MOM.