Have you ever made a meal and thought "WOW, I would have paid big bucks for this at a restaurant." This is one of those meals.
Turkey Sausage, Arugula, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
inspired and adapted from Food & Wine
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 12 reconstituted sun-dried tomato halves - it is cheaper to buy the non-oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, simply re-hydrate by soaking the tomatoes in warm water for about a minute
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 C olive oil
- 1 large bunch of arugula - cut into thin strips. You could easily substitute spinach.
- 1 lb pasta - penne, rigatoni, or bow tie
- Parmesan (optional)
Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper in a food processor. Blend until well combined. Stream the olive oil into the processor while the machine is running.
At this point your kitchen will smell absolutely divine.
Heat about 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add the turkey sausage. Break into tiny pieces and brown until it is cooked through.
When sausage is done cooking, add chopped arugula and mix together.
In a very large bowl, mix together the turkey and arugula mixture, cooked pasta, and the sun-dried tomato sauce. Serve warm.
If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan and prepare to be knocked out!
Print recipe for Turkey Sausage, Arugula, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
This post is linked to Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop and Your Green Resource at The Greenback Gal.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower