We are big fans of hot oatmeal for breakfast, but I usually make it in the microwave. This recipe comes together quickly even though it is baked and makes a hearty start to your day.
I have to be careful, because I could easily polish off the entire pan myself, but I would have one angry husband.
Blueberry and Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- ½ cup homemade sugar-free applesauce, or store-bought
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the oats, brown sugar, and baking powder. Add the milk, applesauce, vanilla, butter, and egg and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
3. Prepare a 11 X 7 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the oatmeal batter into the dish and sprinkle the pecans on top. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Print recipe for Blueberry and Pecan Baked Oatmeal.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower