I found a few things in my freezer that really need to be used up before freezer burn sets in, so my menu this week will be determined by my quick inventory. I also realized that I have plenty of food to get us through the week without a major trip to the store.
Some meal ideas that I have planned:
- A frittata with left-over baked ham and red pepper
- chicken corn soup with the shredded chicken and stock
- crock pot chicken thighs
- spaghetti with the ground turkey and roasted red tomato sauce
- pulled chicken sandwiches
I am making one note to myself--figure out what to do with ham hocks?? My mother gave those to me a while ago and I have no idea what I should do with them, but I think they are good for soup. I need to do some research. Do you know what to do with ham hocks??
Have you shopped your freezer and pantry lately? What did you find?
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower