Welcome to Spring Cleaning Week. Today’s task–the kitchen.
Meet my kitchen:
On a typical day the counters are cluttered with breakfast dishes or after-school snack dishes, clean dishes waiting for someone to put away, the newspaper, the kids’ school work, and so much more. In a perfect world, my counters would remain clutter-free at all times, but that’s not the world I live in. I like to think that my kitchen always looks ‘lived in‘.
So the counters are usually a bit cluttered, but I sweep the floor daily and I mop it once a week (more if my youngest daughter drops a brand new 32 oz container of organic yogurt that she tried to get for herself). It’s amazing how far that stuff can splatter. I also make sure the sink is clean before I go to bed…thank you Fly Lady!
I don’t usually clean this thoroughly on a regular basis. I’m a clean as needed kind of gal. But on this particular day, I declared it spring cleaning day for the kitchen. Here was my to-do list:
- Remove everything from counters and open shelves and wipe down. Put anything away that isn’t meant to be on the counter.
- Clean knickknacks. Purge if possible.
- Wipe all cabinet doors.
- Wipe all baseboards and moldings.
- Wipe down appliances.
- Clean inside of microwave.
- Clean inside and outside of refrigerator.
- Wash windows, inside and outside. I used my window cleaner that costs pennies.
- Organize the pantry.
- Organize the spices and purge any that are outdated.
- Shake and wash the rug.
- Scrub inside and outside of trash can.
Doesn’t it look much better? It feels much better.
I have decided that as long as my kids bring home artwork from school, my refrigerator door will always be their showcase. It makes me smile every time I open the door.
Have you spring cleaned your kitchen yet? Print a checklist for Spring Cleaning Your Kitchen.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to Thrifty Chick Decor: Show Us Your Kitchen.