If you are looking for a meatless meal, Portobello Cheese ‘Steak’ Sandwiches are a tasty alternative to the meat version.
Portobello Cheese ‘Steak’ Sandwiches
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
1 red or green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
2 large portobello mushrooms, 6 – 8 oz total, remove gills and stems, sliced into thin strips
½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
8 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
4 large rolls
1. In a large skillet, saute the olive oil, garlic, onion, and peppers over medium-low heat until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir well to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Load up each roll with the mushroom mixture. Top each sandwich with 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower