If you come upon a rather cool summer day (and you don’t mind turning on the oven) and you have a lot of garden vegetables, this is a great recipe. Roasting the vegetables with the garlic and herbs creates a hearty flavor. Serve with some fruit and you have a lovely summer time dinner.
Roasted Summer Vegetables
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 eggplant, peeled & chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, choppped
- ¼ – ½ of a cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
- handful of fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano, thyme, chopped fine
- olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoonpepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan, drizzle all of the vegetables, herbs, salt and pepper with olive and toss to coat.
3. Roast at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
4. Serve over rice, pasta, or a slice of thick, hearty bread.
Print recipe for Roasted Summer Vegetables.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower