Here's a super easy soup recipe to use your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Serve with homemade artisan bread and a salad.
Turkey Noodle Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped. I include the tops because they hold so much flavor.
- bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings or your favorite seasoning - You can be creative here.
- 2 quarts of homemade turkey stock - You can use store-bought too.
- 6-8 oz egg noodles - I used about half of the bag.
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
Instructions1. Over a medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a soup pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Stir until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the turkey stock, bay leaf, and Italian seasonings. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the noodles and simmer about 5 minutes.
4. Add the turkey and simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Discard bay leaf before eating.
Print recipe for Turkey Noodle Soup.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower