I LOVE LOVE LOVE tacos! In fact, it was this recipe for Chicken, Black Bean & Corn tacos that inspired me to make homemade taco seasoning. This slow cooker recipe has become a dinner mainstay during the busy and hectic work/school week.
Chicken, Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ⅔ cup homemade chicken stock (you can also use store bought) or water
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 store bought package
- juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch to thicken (optional)
- hard or soft tacos
- your favorite taco toppings, such as cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, avocados, and sour cream
Directions1. Place the onions, chicken, beans, and corn in the slow cooker. Mix together the taco seasoning and cornstarch and sprinkle over the chicken. Pour in the stock and lime juice. Cook on low for 6 hours.
2. After 6 hours, remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Place the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and stir everything together.
3. Serve on hard or soft taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Print recipe for Chicken, Black Bean & Corn Tacos in the Slow Cooker.
What is your favorite: hard & crunchy taco shells or soft tortillas? Let us know in the comments. I love hard shell tacos!
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to The SITSgirls ShareFest.