While I love to eat bananas in their original form, I much prefer them baked, grilled, whipped, blended, and frozen. I love it when our bananas get so ripe that my kids won't eat them because they look funny, because that is when bananas are at their best--ripe & sweet!
20 Ways to Use Ripe Bananas
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins at Family Balance Sheet
- Banana Walnut Baked Oatmeal at Family Balance Sheet
- Grilled Banana Splits at Family Balance Sheet
- Banana Nut Pancakes at The Happy Housewife
- Banana Daiquiri at The Daily Noff
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies at OMFG So Good
- Banana "Ice Cream" at Whole Living. Just TWO ingredients!
- 3 2 1 Custard at Greenbacks Gal. Just 3 ingredients! Also a Paleo recipe.
- Eatmore' Fudge Squares at Chocolate Covered Katie
- Banana Blueberry Swirl Popsicles at Martha Stewart
- Banana Pops at Bakers Royale
- No Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake at The Messy Baker Blog
- Dark Chocolate & Banana Truffles at Love and Olive Oil
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding at Confessions of a Baking Queen
- Back Yard Bananas Foster at The LoveBite
- Barbecued Stuffed Bananas at The Paleo Mom
- Roasted Banana Cake at The Faux Martha
- Slow Cooker Honey Bananas at skinnyms.
- Butterscotch Banana Blondies at Hungry Rabbit
- Coconut Lemon Banana Bread at Good Life Eats
Did you know you can freeze ripe bananas? I do it all the time when I don't think I'll use them up before they get too bad. I just unpeel them and stick them in a freezer bag. When I want to use them, I thaw in a strainer, unless I'm using them for smoothies, to allow them to drain a bit before using them in recipes. You can also freeze in their peel, but I think it's easier to peel before freezing.
For even more Ripe Banana recipes, check out my Pinterest Board, "Ideas for Ripe Bananas". I'm always adding to it. If you have a recipe you'd like me to include on the board, leave the Pinterest link in the comments.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to ShareFest.