Why is everyone so gung-ho about cleaning in the spring time? Maybe the open windows awaken that spirit in us, but tis the season to freshen up the home.
I’m no different. When the days turn sunny, I miraculously become inspired to wash some windows. The sun blazing through them can be quite revealing as they show the winter filth. Fresh air and sun are the inspiration for spring cleaning.
20 Spring Cleaning Tasks to Freshen Up Your Home
- Clean your drains naturally.
- Clean your washing machine and dryer.
- Clean your dishwasher.
- Clean the inside of your microwave
- Clean your glass top stove.
- Clean between the oven glass.
- Clean inside and outside of refrigerator.
- Organize and purge your pantry and spice cabinet.
- Clean & sanitize the inside of all the garbage cans in the house.
- Wash the windows for pennies.
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Wipe down the walls and baseboards.
- Clean blinds and wash or vacuum window treatments.
- Vacuum under the furniture. Vacuum the furniture.
- Pull out your spring clothes and pack up your fall/winter clothes for storage. Hang your spring clothing outside to freshen or re-wash to remove that ‘been in a closet to long’ smell.
- Organize & purge your bathroom medicine cabinet.
- De-clutter the tough spots in your home:
- utensil drawer
- magazine clutter
- above the refrigerator
- plastic ware
- the foyer closet
- the home office
- mud room/entry area
- Wash all of the bedding: mattress pads, bed skirts, comforters, blankets. (Our king comforter is too big for my machine, so I have to take it to a laundry mat.) Put the winter bedding in storage.
- Check the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean vacuum cleaners & filters – read your user manual
Print a FREE Spring Clean Your Home Checklist.
Also, did you know Original Blue Dawn isn’t just a dish washing liquid? Find out 20 different ways to use Original Blue Dawn and it costs much less than the store bought version.
Is a major spring cleaning on your to-do list? Let us know in the comments.