If you are looking for new ways to use up your garden zucchini and basil and you don’t mind turning on your oven, try these savory and tasty Zucchini Basil Corn Muffins. I make several batches to store in the freezer for the colder months when soups are a menu staple.
My inspiration was a similar recipe that I found years ago on the popular blog, Get Rich Slowly.
Zucchini Basil Corn Muffins
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shreddded zucchini
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil.
3. Combine the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and pour into the egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Don’t over-mix.
4. Stir in the zucchini, basil, and Parmesan. Again, don’t over-mix.
5. Prepare a muffin pan with non-stick spray and fill it with the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.
Make several batches and freeze in freezer bags to serve with soups during the colder months.
Print recipe for Zucchini Basil Corn Muffins.