It’s Frugal Friday: A recap of how we frugal-ed our way through the week so that we have more money to put towards our financial goals. Our mission: Live WELL, On LESS Money.
What We Ate this Week:
Sunday: Using leftover turkey & gravy, I made Turkey & Waffles, steamed vegetable. If turkey & waffles in the same sentence sounds weird to you, I can assure you it is down right YUMMY!
Monday: Tacos, fruit. I found 2 (3 lb) packages of ground turkey marked down to $4 each. I browned both packs at once and added 3 cans of black beans, water, and my homemade taco seasoning. I filled 4 (32 oz) containers for the freezer.
Wednesday: Crispy Parmesan Chicken Tenders, french fries, steamed vegetables.
Thursday: Leftover Turkey & Noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Friday: Chicken Rice Broccoli Bake
Saturday: Dining with family.
How we saved this week:
I didn’t go into the stores on Thanksgiving Day or weekend. I saw a few items in the flyers, but decided that the traffic and crowds weren’t worth the savings or the impulsive shopping that I am prone to.
Did you shop on Black Friday? What bargains did you find?
1. I started using a really cool Savory Cooking app on my iPad. It’s voice activated so when I’m cooking a recipe, I can guide it with voice commands as I go through the steps. And it’s FREE!
2. If you don’t have a Christmas spending list and BUDGET, download my FREE Christmas Budget Excel Spreadsheet NOW!
3. If funds are tight this Christmas, here’s a list of 30 FREE, but Thoughtful Gift Ideas.
4. Are there many teachers, coaches, bus drivers, etc on your gift list, here’s 10 Ways to Thank a Teacher during the Holidays.
5. Shopping online this holiday season? Try Ebates. It’s awesome! I use Ebates on almost every purchase I buy online. They work with a bunch of big name retailers, like Lands’ End, Kohl’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon, and so many more, so I usually get money back from my favorite stores. If you think you’ll be shopping online this holiday season, it’s worth a look. Ebates is FREE and super easy to use. Use my referral link to get more details.
How did you live frugally this week? Please share your tips in the comments.