Welcome to your Summer Fun Guide for 2017. Every Wednesday in June, July, and August, I’ll share ideas, tips, and recipes to help you create a summer that your family will always remember. But first, let’s start planning our summer!
Printable Summer Activity Calendar
To get started with our planning, be sure to print the Activity Calendar pages below to post on your refrigerator. My kids love to see and know what’s happening over the summer. It all started when my daughters were very small and were having a hard time grasping time and how long they had to wait until our beloved late August beach vacation.
It made summer seem so LOOOONG to my girls so I posted all of our summer plans on the calendar and they were able to focus on the present and stop worrying so much about what was happening several weeks or months later.
—-> Print your 3-page blank Summer Activity Calendar and start planning your summer! (BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR PRINT SETTINGS TO LANDSCAPE BEFORE YOU PRINT!)
- 20 Fun & Budget-Friendly Summer Activities
- Fun & Budget-Friendly Summer Activities in Central PA
- Staycation Ideas for Towns & Cities Across the U.S.
Budget your summer fun!
Head into summer with a plan! Summer can bring some expenses that you don’t have during other times of the year. Think of all of the summer expenses that you might have and they might include:
- out of town trips. Plan for travel, lodging, food, sight-seeing, etc.
- picnics, festivals
- pool pass
- yard/garden work
- camping trips
We treat summer expenses much like holiday expenses and put aside a little money each month. This way we’re not scrambling to find the funds or worse yet, cancelling our summer plans because we don’t have the money.
—-> Download your FREE Summer Budget Excel Spreadsheet and start budgeting your summer expenses.
Short on cash for your summer plans? Read —> 10 Ways to Find Cash for your Summer Vacation
Weekly Summer Ideas:
- June 21: 40 Summer Dessert Recipes
- June 14: 8 Summer Date Night Ideas
- June 7: 30 Camping Recipes
- May 31: 92 Fun Days of Summer
This page will update weekly with links to the new posts, but you can follow along in several other ways:
- Sign up for my weekly emails. And just for signing up, you’ll also receive a FREE Family Balance Sheet excel spreadsheet. Sign up here—> Family Balance Sheet Newsletters
- Like and Follow my Facebook page where I’ll share the weekly posts every Wednesday, AND I’ll also share my family’s summer activities.
- Follow me on Instagram where I’ll share my family’s summer activities
- Follow me on Pinterest, along with my board: Summer Fun Guide 2017, where I’ll be sharing ideas that I find on the web.
- Bookmark THIS post and check back in every Wednesday.
What are your summer plans? We’d love to hear all about it in the comments. Also, I’d love to see your summer photos, so use hashtag, #summerfun2017, and I’ll follow along.