- Revitalize Dried Out Baby Carrots
- U-Pick local, seasonal fruit
- How to Freeze herbs, How to Freeze Basil
- Freeze your garden harvest – green beans, hot pepper
- How to Save Money at the Apple Orchard
- Know Your Buy Price
- Organize your pantry and your spices
- My grocery list/menu clip board
- Plan your weekly menu
- Make one night a week, “raid the fridge night“.
- Buy/Use store brands
- Utilize your freezer.
- Compare unit price.
- Have an emergency back up meal in freezer or pantry at all times.
- Shop your freezer/pantry
- Don’t shy away from meat markdowns
- Make your own chicken stock on the stove top OR in the crock pot
- Create vegetable freezer bags for making chicken/turkey stock
Batch/Portion Control Tips
- Freeze cookie dough.
- Make brownies in a muffin tin rather than a pan.
- Batch griddle extra pancakes and freeze for later.
- Become a member of a CSA.
- Use your grocery store’s private label organize brands.
- Compare price per unit.
- Stock up on organic meat that has been marked down.
- Homemade buttermilk substitute.
- Cut out the crap, save the dough.
- 10 Paper Products to Cross off your grocery list.
- Stock up and save with pre-holiday grocery sales.
- Stop wasting food.
- Shop at bread outlets.
- Make homemade bread crumbs from bread heels.
- Reuse glass jars.
- Homemade window cleaner for just pennies.
- After-Holiday clearance sales aren’t just about gift wrap.
I love to garden and write often in the spring and summer about my gardening adventures. Click here for all of my gardening posts.
Preserving Summer Harvest