Looking for a homemade chicken noodle soup recipe? My hearty version is easy to prepare and uses roasted chicken and homemade stock. It’s a family favorite that comforts the soul and soothes the senses.
During the colder months, I regularly roast a whole chicken on weekends. I use the meat in soups and casseroles, and make homemade chicken stock with the bones. My homemade Chicken Noodle soup is a family favorite that my kids gobble up and ask for seconds.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 medium carrots – chopped –
- 2 medium celery stalks – chopped, I include the tops because they hold so much flavor.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings or your favorite seasoning – You can be creative here.
- 2 quarts of homemade chicken stock– You can use store-bought too.
- 6-8 oz egg noodles – I used about half of the bag.
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken – How to Roast a Chicken
- salt and pepper
1. Over a medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a soup pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and Italian seasoning and stir until the vegetables are softened. About 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
3. Add the noodles and simmer about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken and simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Serve this soup with a side salad and your favorite artisan bread.
More soup recipes: