I found this recipe for Chicken, Black Bean & Sweet Potato Quesadillas years ago in a Rachael Ray magazine. I’ve been making it regularly ever since and it continues to be a family favorite.
And bonus, the recipe only has 5 ingredients!
Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cooked, and shredded or chopped. Leftover Roasted Chicken, or Rotesserie Chicken works great.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 medium or large sweet potatoes. Great use for leftover sweet potatoes.
- shredded cheddar cheese – your favorite flavor
- 10 inch tortillas
- Makes 3 – 5 quesadillas, depending on how much you fill each one.
2. Peel and cut up sweet potato into quarters. Cook in boiling water until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the sweet potato and return to pan. Add the drained and rinsed black beans and mash.