I found this recipe for Chicken, Black Bean & Sweet Potato Quesadillas years ago in a Rachael Ray magazine. I’ve been making it regularly ever since and it continues to be a family favorite.
And bonus, the recipe only has 5 ingredients!
Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cooked, and shredded or chopped. Leftover Roasted Chicken, or Rotesserie Chicken works great.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 medium or large sweet potatoes. Great use for leftover sweet potatoes.
- shredded cheddar cheese – your favorite flavor
- 10 inch tortillas
- Makes 3 – 5 quesadillas, depending on how much you fill each one.
1. Use leftover roast chicken or rotisserie chicken.
2. Peel and cut up sweet potato into quarters. Cook in boiling water until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the sweet potato and return to pan. Add the drained and rinsed black beans and mash.
What a interesting combination of flavors! I love all those foods so I must add this in my try it file.
humm a sweet potatoe huh I’d never of thought of that combination LOL but then there was that 1st time I put grapes in my chicken salad & now I love it LOL LOL
Great idea using sweet potato. Thanks for linking your post to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
This is a nice change from regular quesadillas, they look great!
Lydia @ Thrifty Frugal Mom says
These look SO good! I just wish my kiddos liked sweet potatoes. 🙂 Might have to make them some night just for the hubby and I though. 🙂
Lydia @ Thrifty Frugal Mom recently posted…Recipe: Classic French Bread
this is a good recipe as a starting place. I season the bean mixture with my homemade taco seasoning and add a small can of diced green chilis. sweet potato is very good but can be too sweet. I roast cubed butternut squash that I have dusted with salt and cumin and olive oil. just suggestions. I love this recipe.
Thanks you for your suggestions, Debra! Sounds delicious!