Apple and Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
makes 4 burgers
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, peeled and chopped, I used Gala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4-6 tsp blue cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey
1. Mix together turkey, onion, apple, salt and pepper.
2. Divide mixture into 4 portions.
3. Divide each portion in half.
4. Shape and flatten out 1 half. Put 1 heaping teaspoon of blue cheese in the middle.
5. Shape and flatten the second half and lay on top of first half.
6. Shape the 2 halves and press sides together with your hands into one patty to about 1/2 inch thickness. Repeat this process with the other 3 portion.
7. Drizzle each side of burger with olive oil.
8. Pre-heat grill to med-high.
9. Place on hot grill and close the lid of the grill. Grill for 5 minutes on one side.
10. Flip the burgers, close the lid and grill for 5 minutes on other side or until cooked through.