Do you have ham leftovers from Easter? Ham and Asparagus Risotto is a great way to use it up.
Ham and Asparagus Risotto
adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 Cups sliced asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine, or chicken stock if you don’t have wine. I used stock because I did not have any white wine on hand.
- 1 – 10 oz can of chicken broth or Homemade Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Cup uncooked Arborio or other short grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked ham (How To Bake A Ham)
- 2 Tbsp fresh, minced parsley
- Parmesan, to taste
1. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Over medium heat, add olive oil to large saucepan. Add green onions and garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
4. Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Add 1/2 cup of warm stock and ham. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed. Stirring constantly.
8. When finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in parsley. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.
Another recipe for your leftover ham: Ham and Asparagus Frittata