Lemon Asparagus Chicken Stirfry is a quick, easy and hearty dish. It is one of my favorite meals this time of year when asparagus is local, fresh, in season and very inexpensive.
Lemony Asparagus Chicken Stir fry
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into small 2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock, or store bought chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- zest from one lemon
- parsley, chopped
- cooked rice, enough for 4 servings.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in non-stick pan or wok
- Add chicken and garlic and cook for about 4-5 minutes
- Add onion and asparagus and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Mix together stock, lemon juice, cornstarch.
- Add the stock mixture to the chicken and asparagus and stir until broth is heated through and the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle lemon zest and parsley on top.