Change up your favorite burgers with some fresh and different ingredients.
Red Pepper and Feta Turkey Burgers
Makes 6-8 Burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 Cup chopped red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grill seasonings – I used McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 8 tsp feta – I used a tomato & basil flavored feta
1. Mix together turkey, pepper, onion, seasoning, and garlic.
2. Divide mixture into 6-8 portions.
3. Divide each portion in half.
4. Shape and flatten out 1 half. Put 1 tsp feta in the middle. To make it easier to handle the burger, I sprayed a plate with cooking spray or you could use olive oil. Put this first half on the sprayed plate and…
5. Shape and flatten the second half and lay on top of first half.
6. Shape the 2 halves and press sides together with your hands into one patty to about 1/2 inch thickness. Repeat this process with the other 7 portions.
7. Spray the each side of the burger with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
8. Pre-heat grill to med-high.
9. Place on hot grill and close the lid of the grill. Grill for 5 minutes on one side.
10. Flip the burgers, close the lid and grill for 5 minutes on other side or until cooked through.
To Freeze: Put parchment paper between the burgers to prevent sticking together when frozen. Place in a freezer bag and store it in the freezer.
Print recipe for Red Pepper & Feta Turkey Burgers.