This recipe is featured in 8 Freezer Meal Recipes.
Change up your favorite burgers with some fresh and different ingredients.
Red Pepper and Feta Turkey Burgers
Makes 6-8 Burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 Cup chopped red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grill seasonings – I used McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 8 tsp feta – I used a tomato & basil flavored feta
1. Mix together turkey, pepper, onion, seasoning, and garlic.
2. Divide mixture into 6-8 portions.
3. Divide each portion in half.
4. Shape and flatten out 1 half. Put 1 tsp feta in the middle. To make it easier to handle the burger, I sprayed a plate with cooking spray or you could use olive oil. Put this first half on the sprayed plate and…
5. Shape and flatten the second half and lay on top of first half.
6. Shape the 2 halves and press sides together with your hands into one patty to about 1/2 inch thickness. Repeat this process with the other 7 portions.
7. Spray the each side of the burger with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
8. Pre-heat grill to med-high.
9. Place on hot grill and close the lid of the grill. Grill for 5 minutes on one side.
10. Flip the burgers, close the lid and grill for 5 minutes on other side or until cooked through.
To Freeze: Put parchment paper between the burgers to prevent sticking together when frozen. Place in a freezer bag and store it in the freezer.
Print recipe for Red Pepper & Feta Turkey Burgers.
Jersey Mom says
Looks really good. I’ve tried a turkey apple burger before. Just mix ground turkey with chopped up apple and grill. The apple keeps the turkey meat juicy. =)
Money Reasons says
My son was asking me to grill some hamburgers today, but I need to give the ole grill a good cleaning before we use it…
Thanks for the great recipe, maybe I’ll try it this summer!!!
Family Balance Sheet says
Jersey Mom – adding apples sounds delicious. I’m going to have to try it.
Money reasons – My dh cleaned the grill the very first sunny day about a month ago. We have been using it ever since.
Thanks for your comments.
Saving Money Today says
Yum! This sounds like a great recipe. I just made some turkey burgers the other day, I’ll have to try them your way next time.
I love grilling and we do it all year long. Even in the winter you’ll find me standing outside in the snow grilling up a steak or some burgers! 🙂
I love that the feta is hidden in the burgers. A nice little surprise. Great recipe!
I just made a turkey burger stuffed with spinach and feta and topped with thinly sliced red onion a couple weeks ago… we loved them! Your recipe looks very tasty-thanks for sharing.
This looks like a great Weight Watchers friendly recipe. I will be making this in the summer!
Love turkey burgers! Yours sound great!
The turkey burger looks wonderful, especially with the feta addition. Thanks for linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
We LOVE turkey burgers, and feta. I have a recipe for roasted garlic feta turkey burgers. I made it up last year, and my daughter requested it for tonight, so when I saw your recipe, it confirmed our turkey burger night! Great recipe! Love the feta in the middle…very cool idea. I’m posting mine on my blog on Friday…check it out…you may want to add the roasted garlic into your recipe for a twist! Thanks for visiting my blog today!
Looks delish, love all those ingredients, gonna have to try this one. Thanks