Homegrown cantaloupe is absolutely delicious and this is the second year in a row that I have had great success with growing cantaloupe.
On this day, a bag of tortilla chips was screaming my name. So I added a few ingredients to the melon and the salsa was fresh, delicious and totally addicting.
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1/4 – 1/2 of a red onion, chopped fine
- 1 yellow or red pepper, chopped fine – I used my one and only yellow pepper that grew this year.
- 1-2 Tbsp pineapple sage herb, chopped fine – You could use mint or parsley.
- juice from 1 lime
- jalapeno, chopped fine – this is optional, depending on your heat tolerance.
Combine all of the ingredients and mix together.
But on this day we ate the salsa with tortilla chips.