Black Bean, Tomato & Feta Salad
- 1 can (15 oz) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- about 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fine Parsley
- 1/2 red onion, chopped fine. You could also chop up a bunch of spring onions
- 1/2 Cup Feta
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt
Combine the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, onion and feta in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt to make a vinaigrette. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and stir together. Serve with your favorite grilled meat and some fresh fruit.
One side note: This salad is served best the first day. If there are left-overs for the next day, you might want to pour the salad through a strainer right before eating, because it gets soupy. It tasted fine the second day, but there was a lot of liquid on the bottom of the bowl.