This meal is so easy to prepare and very tasty. Double the recipe if you’d like, because I will the next time I make it. I didn’t think my kids would care for it, so I only cooked half the box of pasta. My family practically licked the pan clean with the kids and my husband asking for seconds. This meal goes well with a nice garden salad and homemade bread.
Pasta with Clams and Fresh Tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, depending on your heat tolerance
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 Cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 6.5oz. cans minced clams, drained and rinsed, reserve 1 Tbsp. clam juice
- 1/2 dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb thin spaghetti, cooked per box instructions.
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil, garlic and red pepper over medium-high heat and stir for one minute.2. Add tomatoes to pan. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes to soften.
3. Stir in clams, reserved juice, and wine and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Mix the clam sauce with the pasta. To serve, top with parsley and Parmesan.
Printable version of Pasta with Clams and Fresh Tomatoes