Cajun Red Beans and Rice is a hearty meal that cooks up really fast. Enjoy!
Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sausage, casings removed (I used turkey sausage, but you whatever type you prefer.)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 3 tsp Cajun seasoning, (I use 2 tsp, because my kids don’t like food too spicy)
- 2 (15 oz) cans red beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup homemade chicken stock, or store bought
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cups hot, cooked rice
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage, garlic, peppers, onions and celery. Saute until until sausage is cooked through, break into bite-sized pieces as it is cooking. About 5 minutes.
2. Add seasoning, beans, stock and tomatoes. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Serve over cooked rice. I served with a tossed salad and homemade applesauce.
Print recipe for Cajun Red Beans and Rice