Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Muffins
- ¾ cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Parmesan, paprika, optional
1. Cook orzo according to package directions. In the final two minutes, add the broccoli to the pasta water to cook. Drain.
2. In a large bowl, combine the orzo, broccoli, chicken, onion, salt, cheese, parsley, and eggs. Stir well to combine.
3. Grease the muffin pan liberally with non-stick cooking spray. Fill the muffin cups and sprinkle with Parmesan and/or paprika on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.
4. Let pan set for a few minutes, then use a knife to carefully loosen the muffins from pan.
The muffins go well with a salad, fresh fruit or homemade applesauce.
Print recipe for Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Muffins.